Wednesday, January 27, 2016

The Perfect Man/Woman?



When searching for that special someone, you often have a mental list of what makes the "perfect" man or woman. You look for similar interests, if they can make you laugh, do they support themselves, do they make you happy, etc... We all want that fairy tale relationship where you are always happy, never fight and never hurt each other.

The harsh reality is that there is no such thing as a perfect man/woman or relationship. As you grow and learn together, you will find views you disagree on, there will be times you argue and a chance that feelings will be hurt unintentionally.

There is, however, a perfect person for you. Someone who makes you feel complete and safe. Someone who will do everything in their power to make you feel appreciated, loved and cared for. Someone to tell you you're beautiful/handsome every day just to see you smile. 

This blog and post all started with one question. I asked my current significant other, "what is the most romantic thing you have ever done?" The answer was the most simple, but mind blowing thing I have heard. Sharing the experience of the person you love seeing a shooting star for the first time. It costs nothing, but time and the effort to experience something exceptional with someone you deeply care for.

I have been in two very serious relationships. One lasting over six years and the other lasting over two years. After hearing the answer, I began to think of the romantic things I had experienced in that eight plus years. It is very difficult to come to the realization that for over eight years of my life, I could only pin point two romantic instances where effort was put forth to make me feel special.

I doubt I am the only one in this boat and that many of us long for that small effort from someone to show they care. It doesn't cost anything to show someone they are loved. Star gazing, going for a hike as a couple, picnics and staying home to spend the whole day together and talk. It is true that the little things are what mean the most.

We all deserve that person who will take us to see our first shooting star or wake up every day and tell you that you are beautiful/handsome and loved. When you find that person who is willing to do whatever it takes to make you happy and show they care, then you have found the perfect person. I think I have found mine.

No one is perfect, so give credit to the ones that try.





No comments:

Post a Comment